Third Party Billing is an arrangement whereby the University of Tennessee Bursar’s Office invoices the qualifying third party (sponsor) for authorized charges on the student’s behalf.
The sponsored student must complete the Third Party Billing Agreement* as well as submit a third party authorization letter or voucher from their sponsor.
*Please make sure to review the terms and conditions of the Third Party Billing Agreement carefully. This agreement must be completed each semester, regardless of the sponsorship period listed on the authorization.
The authorization letter or voucher must include the following information:
- Amount of the sponsorship
- Type of charges third party sponsor will pay, such as tuition, mandatory fees, optional fees, course fees, housing, dining, health insurance, billing fee
- Effective sponsorship period
- Third party sponsor’s name and billing address
- Contact name, phone number, and email address
- Signature or seal of the third party sponsor
- Purchase order numbers or other billing codes, if applicable
When the Bursar’s Office invoices a third party sponsor for authorized charges, a conditional credit shown as a contract payment will appear on the student’s account. Contract payments do not necessarily indicate payment has been made from the third party sponsor, nor does it release the student from financial responsibility for the authorized charges.
A $30 third party billing fee is automatically assessed to the student’s account with the exception of those paid by the Tennessee Department of Human Services Division of Rehabilitation Services (TN Voc Rehab) or the Tennessee Board of Regents Colleges and Universities. If the third party sponsor will not cover this fee, it is the student’s responsibility.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Third Party Billing, please email us at email@example.com.
Since students are responsible for all university fees and charges, use of the third-party address as the student’s billing address is strongly discouraged.
Students must make certain minimum payment amounts are credited or authorized by the payment due date in order to avoid late payment fee assessment and schedule cancellation.
Reimbursements from authorizations turned in after the initial excess financial aid disbursement date will not be processed until the funds are received by the university from the third party sponsor.
The University of Tennessee utilizes our secure online tool (SponsorPoint) that enhances the billing and account management experience for third party sponsors.
- Billing details for each student are easily accessed online.
- Payments can be made online, using multiple payment methods.
- Statements and payment history can be viewed 24/7 in real time.
- Remittance forms can be used to specify payment intent.
- Account details and user profiles are easily managed.
Please view the following video to check out all of the great features of our SponsorPoint system: http://vimeo.com/79403495
If you have any questions regarding SponsorPoint, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.